Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder/editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available under the GNU GPL.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
- How to cite Avogadro: The Avogadro Paper
- Tell others: . Share the paper