Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for
cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling,
bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers
flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder/editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source
code and documentation is available to modify or extend.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian,
Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
- How to cite Avogadro: The Avogadro Paper